Thursday, June 24, 2010

psych camp?

On a moment of impulse (or rather long thought, never really came to a proper decision, then suddenly deciding to want it alot), I applied for NUS Psych Camp! Gee, I hope I made a good choice. Hope it's fun and i make alot of friends!

I heard that the girl:guy ratio is extremely high.. which is damn jialat? Like if i'm the only guy in my group it's weirdness to the max. Like, outcast sia. :(

I mean, imagine a typical group conversation:
Girl A: "tee hee, you have nice shoes."
Girl B: "aw thanks, your blouse is really pretty too!"
Me: -twiddles thumbs-

Ok fine maybe that's not that girls talk about all the time.. but how about if they want to talk about 'girl-stuff':
Girl C: "Oh no Girl D, are you ok? you look unwell"
Girl D: -glances up at me- "Oh no la just abit tired." (but in her head thinking: 'f--king mensus cramps!')
Me: ...

Or what if the other few minimal guys at the camp are extremely hot and good looking and funny and awesome, and the girls decide to start gushing about them.
Girl E: "omg, did you see Boy 1 just now? His smile is so flawless and wow! And his complexion is perfect!"
Girl F: "wow Boy 2 is such a gentleman he helped me just now with ..."
Girl G: "and Boy 3 and 4 ... "
Girl H: "and Boy 5..."
Girl I: "yea they're all so eligible and suave! Boys 1-5.. who do we have left hmm"
Girl J and a few other Girls glances at me then quickly glances away thinking 'oops...'
Me: -pretends not to hear any of the above conversation while feeling like digging a hole in the ground and disappearing into the core of the earth-

Okkk fine I'll stop thinking about imaginary scenarios.
And because my application was kinda late (the last registration day was Sunday), I tried to spice up my email to make it stand out, by including :

10 reasons why i want to come for Psych Camp (or why you should accept me)
1) I'm definitely majoring in Psychology, so I would like the chance to talk to seniors more about the different modules in Psychology to better understand them so I can make better decisions in module selection.
2) I am still quite confused about CORS after reading this detailed guide so I would like to learn more (and have a hands on simulation according to your ad =) )
3) I haven't been to any other NUS camp and I would be saaad if i didn't go for a single camp before school started. :(
4) I want to make more friends.
5) The only kind of camps I've been going to for the past 2 years are army ones.
6) I think NUS is a maze and I want to get to know the campus better before school starts.
7) I applied for Eusoff Hall which is the camp accomodations venue which is great!
8) I have a hyperlink in this email.
9) I took time to make the numbers rainbow-coloured which coincides with the circus theme of the camp :)
10) I know pi up to 9 decimal points.



Haha yes i know 8-10 are nonsense.
Let's see how it goes eh. :S